Education & Board Certification:
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners – Certified Cardiac Device Specialist
- 1985, Fellow, Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 1983, Fellow, Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
- 1979, Chief Resident, Medicine, University Hospital, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 1978, Resident, Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Boston Unversity Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 1976, MD, The University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- 1972, BA, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Grogan understands that treating complex heart rhythm problems is a balance between clinical and technical expertise and personalized care. He considers each patient’s individual family situation and helps his patients decide the best scientific::ally-based treatment to achieve success. Dr. Grogan was the first physician to provide electrophysiology services in the Madison area. He is committed to the advancement of electrophysiology and serves as a clinical investigator for clinical trials to advance the development of new and better treatments for heart rhythm disorders.
Dr. Grogan’s special interest is in treating patients with heart rhythm disorders. He performs catheter ablations for rapid rhythms, electrophysiologlc testing, tilt testing and other diagnostic tests for patients with rhythm disorders or fainting. He implants pacemakers, implantable defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization devices for heart failure.
Outside of work, Dr. Grogan likes to downhill and cross-country ski, backpack and run.
UW Health UnityPoint Health – Meriter
Heart & Vascular Institute
2601 W. Beltline Hwy, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53713
Phone: (608) 417-2100
Memorial Hospital of Lafayette County
800 Clay Street
Darlington, WI 53530
Phone: (608) 776-5748
Specialty Clinic for an appointment: (608) 776-5748